(903) 892-2020

Transcript Services

Former WISR students may request official transcripts by sending $25 for each transcript requested, and by indicating the person/organization (and their address) to whom the transcript should be sendSuch requests must be made in writing and sent with a $25 check made out to WISR.  Once we receive the request, the official transcript(s) is(are) produced, and then typically mailed within several days, and in any case, within a week.

Students have responsibility for helping to write their narrative transcript, in collaboration with, and with guidance from, WISR’s President and their core faculty advisor.  Each student’s transcript includes the names and descriptions of the courses for which they have received credit, as well as brief, additional descriptions of the specific projects and specializations they pursued during their coursework and theses.  In writing these descriptions, students and faculty work together to achieve clarity and accuracy.

In addition, since 1975, WISR has held and distributed transcripts for approximately 90% of the students who graduated from University Without Walls-Berkeley, prior to its dissolution in 1975.  As a service to UWW-Berkeley students, WISR provides these transcripts for a $25/transcript fee (as with our own students).  Unfortunately, there are a small number of UWW-Berkeley students for whom we were never given transcripts.  UWW-Berkeley students may inquire as to whether or not we have their transcript on file, before submitting the $25 fee.

For transcripts, mail request and $25/transcript check to: 2930 Shattuck Ave., Suite 300, Berkeley, CA  94705.

?Questions?:  Call 510-655-2830 (vm) or e-mail to mail@wisr.edu


Generally speaking, it is wise not to expect to transfer credit at the graduate level (MA or Doctoral) between two institutions, because most graduate programs want students to do all of their graduate degree program work at that institution.


The transferability of credits you earn at WISR is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the BA or MA you earn at WISR is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the credits or degree that you earn at this institution are not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending WISR to determine if your credits or degree will transfer.