News and Events
In the spotlight . . Click here here for the current calendar of seminars and other announcements and here for a memo about WISR’s availability as a fiscal agent..
Students enrolling February 2015, or after, are expected to participate in two seminars each month. Seminars are held on site, and almost all are also available by telephone conference call-in, with plans to soon make video conferencing available as well. Students who have a hardship in participating in two seminars per month because of career and family scheduling conflicts must demonstrate other, substantive ways that they are collaborating with other WISR students each month.
Currently the following series of seminars are available on a monthly basis–with additional seminars offered from time to time:
- two Saturday seminars, especially designed for MFT students, but open to all.
- one, and often two, interdisciplinary seminar(s) addressing WISR’s core meta-competencies, and providing students with opportunities to discuss and receive feed-back on their studies and projects that are in progress.
- one film and seminar as part of our series on “Film and Social Change” (every other month)
- a two-hour Saturday writing workshop (every other month)
- a two-hour think tank on “learning for social change” (every other month)
Faculty encourage and facilitate student efforts to create regular, as well as special, one-time, seminars on topics of interest to them.